What are NapTime-Flexible Sessions? Oh, just pretty much every parent of a young child's dream come true on Photo Day. We all have a general idea of when our child will nap each day but we know it's not a guarantee and WonderLight doesn't want you stressing if your child ends up taking his nap an hour earlier or an hour later on the day of your photos. NapTime-Flexible Sessions are the solution! Just text or call us on Photo Day if your child's nap is awry and we can change the time of your session by 60 minutes to accommodate you. Sounds great, huh?!
As parents ourselves, we know that Photo Day can feel like an overwhelming event. One of the key factors in having happy kids for pictures, is first having happy parents. If you are stressed out, your child will feel that energy and it can affect their mood and behavior. Follow our easy rules for parents (not kids!) so that you can have a successful, stress-free experience!
1. A fun, relaxed photo shoot begins before you even arrive at the session. Don't mention the session to your kids until you're getting them dressed and nonchalantly tell them that you all are going to meet someone to have fun, play games and that we (Emilie or Olivia) just want to take some pictures of their cute dress, cool shoes or how fast they run.
2. Do not give your child a list of rules and expectations prior to the session such as "You better be on your best behavior, or else!"
3. Do not practice "Cheese!" on the way to the session. We capture true personalities and emotions, nothing fake or forced.
4. Don't mention bribes. 99% of our sessions go so well that we don't need bribes. The kids have fun and we engage them so that they want to follow our instructions. (Because there is nothing prettier than a tic-tac in your kids mouth on a photo hanging in your home!)
5. Follow our lead and instructions, too! Just leave it all up to us and trust that we know what we are doing. Relax and enjoy the time with your family!
Photographers Emilie and Olivia are Moms of a combined 5 boys, ranging in ages from newborn to 17 years. In their quest to provide parents with the best photography experience possible, they realized through their own children, that one of the biggest obstacles for parents is that you just can't guarantee that kids will want to have their picture taken on Photo Day. (This actually happens less often than you would expect because we are experts in making photo sessions fun and engaging for kids.) With this, the ReShoot Guarantee was established, so that we can erase the fear that you will spend money on photos of your kids making grumpy faces or crying! So if your child is just having an off-day, we will reschedule and try again at no cost to you! ***ReShoot must be rescheduled to a date within 30 days of the first session***
*Please note, the ReShoot Guarantee does not cover if your child is sick on Photo Day and you have them photographed regardless, if you do not follow the Rules for Parents and you are yelling at your kid to "Say cheese!" or"Look at the camera!", if you receive the photos and you decide you do not like your child's hairdo that day, etc. The ReShoot must take place within 30 days of the initial session.